Go to the recipe
That's itclassic meat lasagnacomes out perfect every time! Just the right amount of sauce and cheese makes this lasagna look as good as it tastes!
Sunday lunches, family dinners, pre-made recipes...we love it. You should also consult ourMeatballs and grandma's Sunday sauce! Serve each of these dinners with a stick of butter.garlic breadand a landladyCaesar Salat!
Why We Love This Lasagna Recipe!
We've been making this classic meat lasagne for a long time. Like, a long time.
Making lasagna doesn't have to be a big afternoon chore, just a few simple tips here will have your perfect lasagna in the oven in no time!
The first piece of advice is to follow this recipe! It sounds strange to say, but one of the secrets to a perfect lasagna recipe is making sure it doesn't fall apart (too much sauce) or get too dry (not enough sauce) when you cut it.
Both are equivalent to a not-so-great lasagna. So we've taken the guesswork out for you and made this lasagna recipe multiple times until it's perfect! Good slices, spicy but not too spicy.
And the ricotta filling stays in place, only seeping a little when you cut it. Sounds pretty perfect right? That's because it really, really is.
Ingredients for this classic meat lasagna
Lasagna is one of those recipes where you can add whatever you like. Do you have leftover vegetables in the fridge? Cut them out and add them. Just sausage instead of ground beef? Add to.
You get the idea, you can follow this lasagna recipe for the amounts of each ingredient and make your own substitutions if you like!
Noodles for Lasagna:Use regular pasta, not non-cookable ones.
ground beef:A lean ground beef works well for this recipe, if using a higher fat ground beef mixture be sure to drain the juices.
Ricotta Cheese:You can use whole milk or semi-skimmed ricotta.
Mozzarella cheese:Again, whole or semi-skimmed milk works best for this lasagna.
Marinara-Sauce:You can take a shortcut and use your favorite jar sauce, but we really like the easy homemade sauce in this recipe. And it makes the perfect amount!
Owner:The eggs help hold the ricotta mixture together so it doesn't drain and turn into a sloppy lasagna.
Parmesan cheese:Use the best possible Parmesan cheese.
Tips for the best sliced lasagna
As already mentioned, the percentage of ingredients in lasagnaTaste. Too much sauce or cheese will result in the lasagna falling apart when you cut it, and we really like good slices of our lasagna.
Another tip is how the pasta is prepared. The traditional way of cooking them is fine, but if you drain them, drain the water well.
Because if you put wet pasta in your lasagna pan, the lasagna will runny. Don't overcook the lasagna pasta either! Cook them a minute or two earlier than the package suggests so the pasta will absorb some of the sauce as the lasagna bakes in the oven.
Arguably one of the most important tips is to let the lasagna rest after it comes out of the oven. 10 minutes is enough and will cut your lasagna into those perfect squares to make it look as good as it tastes.
Here's how to make this easy lasagna recipe
You can try making lasagna pasta with this amazing time-saving tip! Place the noodles in a 9" x 13" casserole dish and cover completely with hot water. Let the noodles sit for 30 minutes, then drain and dry excess water with a paper towel.
The noodles will not fully cook and will still be firm, but as the lasagna cooks in the oven, so will the noodles. This is the method we chose to make this lasagna recipe and it turns out perfect!
Don't have to clear out another big pot to cook the lasagna noodles? That's a win.
- Make the meat sauce:After you have cooked or soaked the lasagna noodles, prepare the sauce by tossing the onions and garlic in a large skillet or saucepan with olive oil. Add ground beef and sear, then drain excess fat. Add the tomato sauce and spices and cook for 20 minutes.
- make cheese filling: While the sauce is cooking, prepare the cheese filling by mixing the ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, parsley, egg, and spices in a bowl.
- Waffen:Spray a 9" x 13" baking pan: Using cooking spray, apply about 1/2 cup sauce to bottom of pan and spread in an even layer. Put a layer of pasta, overlapping the sauce. Cover the macaroni with a layer of the cheese mixture, then a layer of the sauce. Repeat the process to make another layer of pasta, cheese and sauce and top with a final layer of pasta, sauce and mozzarella.
- Roast meat:Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 15 minutes. Let the lasagne rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Can you make lasagna in advance?
Oh yes, you definitely can. Some say it tastes even better if you make it ahead of time and let the flavors meld in the fridge, then bake it for dinner.
To reheat this lasagna, take it out of the fridge to come to room temperature about 30 minutes before baking. Then bake the lasagna according to the recipe card instructions below. When serving pre-made lasagne, we sometimes like to serve it with extra sauce on the side.
Can the lasagna be frozen?
Yes! Make this lasagna recipe and freeze it for an easy dinner later, or pack it up for lunch or dinner for a friend. Follow this recipe until just before baking, then wrap the top first with plastic wrap and then with a layer of aluminum foil.
To reheat a frozen lasagna, thaw the lasagna in the refrigerator until completely thawed and follow the cooking instructions on the recipe card. Again, when serving pre-made lasagna, we like to have an extra sauce on hand in case it's a bit dry.
When we make this classic meat lasagna recipe, there are always leftovers when there are only four of us. Leftover lasagna is perfect for an easy meal the next day. Just heat in the microwave for a few minutes and dinner is ready!
Looking for more pasta recipes?
- Simple bolognese turkey
- Türkis Tetrazzini
- Tomato soup with meat
- Individual lasagna cups
- Mussels stuffed with meat
classic meat lasagna
- Author: Y
- construction time: 25 minutes
- Time to cook: 45 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- To produce: 10portions1X
This delicious meat lasagna will become your new lasagna recipe! Not too spicy, not too dry, it always comes out perfect!
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoonsolive oil
- 1 Taxchopped onion
- 4Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2pounds of ground beef
- 28 ouncestomato sauce can
- 1 teaspoonsal kosher
- black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoonsitalian dress
- 1 teaspoongarlic powder
- 3/4 TaxWater
For the lasagna:
- 1Kilos of lasagna pasta
- 24 ouncesRicotta cheese (lean portion or whole is fine)
- 1beaten egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoonssal kosher
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoongrated fresh nutmeg
- 1/4 taxGrated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoonschopped fresh sauce
- 2 Bagsgrated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions, but drain a minute or two before the specified time. Alternatively, you can use the soaking method as detailed in the Notes section below the recipe.
- Begin by preparing the sauce in a large pan or saucepan. Add oil over medium heat, add onion and cook until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cook another minute, then add the meat to the pan. Sear the meat by shredding it with a spoon until cooked, draining the fat from the pan if desired.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Add the water to the sauce and cook, covered, 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Stir the sauce occasionally while cooking.
- While the sauce is cooking, in a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, salt, pepper to taste, nutmeg, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- Assemble the lasagna by spreading 1/2 cup sauce over the bottom of a 9" x 13" casserole dish.
- Arrange 4 noodles overlapping to cover the bottom of the bowl. There's usually room at one end of the plate, so I put a pasta on top to cover the end and trim off the excess.
- Now spread half of the ricotta mixture over the pasta and top with 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese (about 1/2 cup per layer).
- Pour about 1/3 of the sauce over the cheese, making sure the cheese is completely covered with the sauce.
- Then add another layer of lasagna pasta (4 overlapping and one to cover the end, now on the opposite side of the plate) followed by the other half of the ricotta mixture.
- Pour another 1/3 of the sauce over the cheese, then another 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Add the last layer of pasta to the lasagna, followed by the remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Spray a piece of foil with cooking spray, cover the baking sheet and place the lasagna in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of cooking, remove the lasagna from the oven. Remove the foil and place the pan in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling on top and the lasagna is heated through.
- Remove the lasagna from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
To use the sauce method for lasagna pasta, place dry pasta in a 9" x 13" casserole dish and cover with hot water. Soak the noodles for 30 minutes, then drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Category: cena
- Method: Oven
- Kitchen: American
Keywords:Lasagna Recipe, Meat Lasagna, Pasta Recipe, Dinner Recipes, Ground Beef Recipes, Easy Lasagna Recipe, How To Make Lasagna, Best Lasagna Recipe
You may also like...
Meat Marsala Pan
Beef goulash with Marsala wine(Video) lasagna